Fulcrum Ruminations

Sunday, November 06, 2005

For Your Consideration

Ran across this today in the course of my blog surfing. Santy articulates some ideas that I've had rattling thru my own head for a while . . . namely, that "liberals" and "conservatives" have almost traded places on the ideological spectrum since the early to mid twentieth century.

I renew my call for a "neoliberal" movement to take back and re-engergize that school of thought. The modern Left needs desperately to come to grips with the fact that it's been hijacked by its extremist fringe. The modern Right, tho sliding in that direction, has not yet fallen completely out of touch with reality in the same manner.

Maybe it's some kind of psycho-social death throes of the failed Marxist school of thought, I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home